ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
The UDM Conference Organizers invite you to submit a 3-page extended abstract for consideration. Please download the abstract template for full instructions. IAHR/IWA or EWRI membership is encouraged, but not required for submission. Submitters whose abstracts are accepted for presentation, whether oral or poster, are expected to register for and attend the UDM Conference 2022 in their preferred mode.
By submitting an abstract to UDM2022, you acknowledge that you understand that:
- You are available to present at any time and in the format that UDM Conference organizers assign your presentation (Jan 10-12, 2022).
- It is mandatory that you register and pay for the conference by Dec. 1, 2021. Should an author confirm the final version of their abstract but fail to register by the deadline, the unregistered presenter will be removed from the conference program and proceedings.
- Final versions of extended abstracts are due by Oct. 15, 2021. Full papers are not requested.
- Final versions of posters are due by Dec. 1, 2021.
- Preference for oral presentations will prioritize completed work, rather than work-in progress.
Topics for the 2022 Urban Drainage Modeling Conference
- Machine learning processes and protocols
- Managing non-stormwater urban runoff including dry-weather diversions, irrigation-induced runoff, and others
- Data collection to support modeling development, calibration, and validation
- Understanding of technical management and mitigation (BMPs, SCMs, WSUDs, SUDs, LID, GI, etc.)
- Coastal hydrologic and hydraulic processes related to urban drainage and runoff
- Hydrology and rainfall in urban areas
- Extreme events: wildfires, droughts, and deluges (& their impacts on urban drainage management)
- Coupled integrated modeling: surface-subsurface hydrology, infiltration management systems-groundwater interactions, etc.
- Real-time control, analytics, and software integration
- Modelling interactions and integrated systems
- Transport and sewer processes of microconstituents and pathogens
- Predicting receiving water quality with climate change
- Water security
- Data standards for UDM applications
Abstracts must be:
- In English
- Submitted in a format following the template provided.
- No more than 3 pages on standard 8 1/2 x 11” paper.
- Your own scientific, technical or project work, not a literature review
- No more than 2 submissions per person (as the presenter)
- Only 1 of which may be approved for oral presentation
- Only 1 of which may be approved for poster presentation
Abstracts must NOT be:
- Previously published (except if for oral presentation only)
- Commercial or promotional
- Abstract Submission Open – Friday June 25, 2021
- Early Registration Open – Friday August 23, 2021
- Early Bird Registrations Close – Friday Oct 8, 2021
- Abstracts Close – August 31, 2021
- Abstract Notifications – Mid-September, 2021
- Revised Abstracts Submitted (author discretion) – Friday Oct. 15, 2021
- Final Posters Submitted (author discretion) – Wednesday Dec. 1, 2021
- Presenting Authors (oral and posters) Registration Deadline – Wednesday Dec. 1, 2021
- Conference Dates – Jan 10-12, 2022
Please contact UDM2022@sccwrp.org if you have any questions.
You can only register for one proposed submission at a time! If you see “you’re already logged in!”, please consider the following instructions:
- Log out of your current UDM conference account
- Go to the page for the additional proposal you want to submit
- Register and create a new account for your next Abstract / Special Session / 1hr. Workshop