Thank you for a great conference!
Greetings from the organizers of the Urban Drainage Modeling Conference! The UDM conference series started in 1986 in Dubrovnik, former Yugoslavia. The second edition of UDM was organized in 1991 also in Dubrovnik. After the first two editions in Dubrovnik, the conference has travelled across the globe to the River Volga (1994), London (1998), Orlando (2001), Dresden (2004), Melbourne (2006), Tokyo (2009), Belgrade (2012), Québec (2015), and Palermo (2018).
The 12th UDM conference is offered as a hybrid online and in-person event. For those that can make it in person, we will gather in Costa Mesa, California. Thank you to the Southern California Coastal Water Research Project for hosting this event!
Our exciting technical program offers ~85 oral presentations and 25 posters with flash presentations covering topics including:
- Application of machine learning processes and protocols
- Data collection to support modeling development, calibration, and validation
- Representation and performance of BMPs, SCMs, WSUDs, SUDs, LID, GI, etc.
- Representing rainfall and hydrology
- Extreme events: wildfires, droughts, and deluges (& their impacts on urban drainage management)
- Coupled integrated modeling: surface-subsurface hydrology, infiltration management systems-groundwater interactions, etc
- Real-time control, analytics, and software integration
- Modelling interactions and integrated systems
- Transport and sewer processes of microconstituents and pathogens
- Alternative modeling applications
The program includes keynote and plenary speakers to challenge delegates and broaden perspectives. Special sessions and workshops during the conference are designed to engage attendees, inviting you to be part of active discussion on focused topics to advance the state of the practice. Our pre-conference workshops gives attendees a chance to get hands-on with models including PCSWMM and SWMM5+, or to learn the basics of real-time controls in urban drainage applications. Check out the Conference menu and tabs for lots of detailed information!
Best Student Presentation and Young Researcher Awards will be recognized. Selected papers will be considered for special issue and special collection journals.
We can’t wait to welcome you, both in-person and virtually, to UDM2022!
Elizabeth Fassman-Beck, Ph.D., Conference Chair
Scott Struck, Ph.D., Technical Chair